Former first lady Barbara Bush, whose health has been in decline for the past several months, won’t seek further treatment.
Mrs. Bush will instead “focus on comfort care,” a spokesperson said on Sunday.
Statement by the Office of George H. W. Bush on the health of former First Lady Barbara Bush. pic.twitter.com/4csUS6IRKZ
— Jim McGrath (@jgm41) April 15, 2018
“Following a recent series of hospitalizations, and after consulting her family and doctors, Mrs. Bush, now 92, has decided not to seek additional medical treatment and will instead focus on comfort care,” said Jim McGrath, spokesperson for Barbara and George H.W. Bush, in a statement.
Mrs. Bush has been in and out of hospitals several times in the past year, including a hospitalization in January last year for bronchitis.