10-Year-Old Girl Killed By Accidental Electrocution After Trying To Save Kittens

A 10-year-old girl from Texas died in a tragic and traumatizing accident after she tried to save kittens in her home.

Greenlee Marie, who loved animals, passed away after she got electrocuted while saving two kittens.

With the heaviest of hearts I want to tell y'all our Greenlee was tragically taken from us Sat night. She was such a…

Posted by Shelby Roos on Monday, July 9, 2018

The little girl was trying to reach for the kittens behind the family’s clothes dryer. Police are still investigating how the 10-year-old was electrocuted.

The family reportedly said that the house had some electrical issues in the past. Her parents were devastated when they found their daughter.

“She’s a beautiful soul. She had more compassion in her at 10 years old than most adults do in their entire lifetime,” her mother, Shelby Roos said. “She loved her babies and she would do anything for them.”

The 10-year-old wanted to be a veterinarian when she grew up.


Facebook

“Her whole life she had enjoyed helping those less fortunate than herself, and had always planned when she was older to become a veterinarian and to help rescue more animals,” her family said.

A fundraiser was created on GoFundMe for her. In lieu of flowers, cards, and gifts, her parents Shelby Roos and Scott Hendrix are asking for donations to continue Greenlee’s passion for helping animals in the community. To help with her advocacy, her family set up a Facebook page called Greenlee’s Furbaby Mission.