Man Rushed To Hospital After Eating World’s Hottest Pepper

A man was rushed to the hospital after eating the world’s hottest pepper in a pepper eating contest held in New York.

The unidentified man, who was 34-years-old, experienced a series of severe headaches and dry heaving after eating the world’s hottest pepper, the Carolina Reaper. The pepper measures roughly 1.5 million on the Scoville Heat Scale making it 400 times spicier than jalapeño peppers, which average around 3,500 to 8,000 scovilles.

After consuming the pepper, the man felt excruciating pain in his head and neck and was rushed to the emergency room.

Initially, doctors were not sure what was wrong since his symptoms did not indicate any sign of neurological deficits or a stroke. But when the hospital took a CT scan of his brain, there was a significant narrowing of his blood vessels.

The man was then diagnosed with RCVS or reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome which was caused by the hot peppers. But RCVS usually happens to people taking medications or illicit drugs such as cocaine and amphetamines. The condition usually goes away after several weeks. However severe cases can be life-threatening.

Doctors were surprised to find that the peppers had caused this as this was the first time that hot peppers caused vasoconstriction in the brain.

The man was released from the hospital with no lingering damage, and a CT scan taken 5 weeks after the incident showed that the blood vessels in his brain had gone back to their normal size. This incident clearly shows that even having a bite of the California Reaper is no joke.