8-Year-Old Boy Dies After Mistaking Meth For Breakfast Cereal

An eight-year-old from Indiana died after he reportedly ate his father’s crystal meth mistaking it for breakfast cereal.

Curtis Collman III died last June 21 after ingesting 180 times the lethal amount of meth enough to kill a grown man.


News4Jax

He told his father he was hungry and he found the meth on a plate on the dining table. At around 10 AM the child told his father, Curtis Gilbert Collman, that he was feeling ill.


The Influence

The 41-year-old father called up a friend instead of calling for help. The female friend suggested that he bring his son to a hospital or call in the authorities.

Instead of asking for help, the father threatened his female friend at gunpoint saying, ‘I’m not going back to prison.’

After seeing his son’s condition worsen, he quickly brought the child to his parents’ place. But, it was too late. By the time his parents had called for help, the child was experiencing convulsions and seizures.

The 8-year-old turned blue and soon died afterwards. The father was later charged with neglect of a dependent causing death, pointing a firearm and theft. Those were extra charges relating to a sexual misconduct case.

If conducted, the father will face 20 to 40 years in prison. Prosecutors are seeking a maximum penalty of 50 years. His trial will be on December 4.