Meghan McCain, 41, torched Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as “entitled grifters” and “D-list royals” after news broke that the couple is relocating back to the United Kingdom.


“One thing about Americans is we can see through bulls–t and we don’t like entitled grifters,” the former “View” co-host tweeted Wednesday on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. “They could never hack it here and truly no one gives a s–t about D-list royals,” she continued in a follow-up post. “Good luck to our friends in the UK, they’re your problem now.”
The blistering remarks came after Page Six confirmed that Harry, also 41, and Markle, 44, along with their children Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, will return to Britain at the end of the month for what sources described as “an extended period.” The palace was made aware of the move, with King Charles III informed on Sunday. An insider told the outlet that the monarch “is the reason they are moving back.”


McCain has been a persistent critic of the Sussexes, sharpening her attacks in recent months as Markle launched her Netflix lifestyle series “With Love, Meghan.” In January, McCain declared the show “just completely and utterly tone deaf” in a lengthy X post. “I was originally a Meghan Markle supporter, I thought she was cool, stylish and refreshing,” she wrote. “Like the rest of the world my opinion changed when she disrespected the royal family.”
She continued her critique of the streaming venture by adding, “There have been 2 terror attacks in 2 days, major wars raging and Americans can’t pay for groceries. We are a country in rage, uncertainty and intensity right now. This concept is ill advised. I would have told her to do a show helping bring fresh food to food deserts in low income neighborhoods. Do something to help people instead of your ego. This is why the world doesn’t like you, nothing else.”

Last year, McCain similarly bashed Markle’s lifestyle rebrand as “boring” during a podcast appearance. “This is, like, her ninth rebrand. I actually had to review her show and her podcast, and it was horrible. It was so boring,” the Daily Mail columnist said at the time.
In the viral moment that preceded this latest relocation news, Harry and Markle had spent six years in self-imposed exile from royal duties, first decamping to Canada in early 2020 before settling in Montecito, California. Their departure, dubbed “Megxit” by the British press, followed intense media scrutiny and their bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview alleging racism within the royal family. The couple built a new life through Netflix productions, Harry’s memoir “Spare,” and various speaking engagements, though their commercial ventures have faced mixed reception and reported financial pressures.
Despite the move back across the pond, sources emphasized that the Sussexes’ status as private individuals and “non-working members” of the royal family will not change. The monarch maintains strict adherence to his late mother Queen Elizabeth II’s rule of “no half-in, half-out option” for working royals. The family will reside in “a non-royal residence” and “continue with their business enterprises.” Archie and Lilibet are already enrolled in school in Britain. While Charles, who is currently battling cancer, “looks forward” to spending more time with the Sussexes personally, the couple had no contact with Prince William and Kate Middleton during their UK visit last month.
The relocation marks a notable shift for Harry, who has been estranged from much of his family since the 2020 departure but has been making amends with his father. Last month’s reunion marked the first time Charles had seen his grandchildren in four years.

