Meghan Markle is in talks to join Season 3 of Netflix’s “The Gentlemen” as she prepares for an extended return to the United Kingdom.
Markle, 44, has held early-stage conversations about appearing in the potential third series of Guy Ritchie’s action-comedy show, multiple outlets reported Friday. The series, starring Theo James, premiered on Netflix in March 2024, with its second season debuting Sept. 3. A Netflix representative confirmed to Page Six that the show has been renewed for a third season.


The casting buzz follows a Friday report from Australian outlet News.com.au that Markle had been “offered a role in an upcoming project based in the UK.” A source said there have been “inquiries in the entertainment space recently” and that Markle is weighing her options, but emphasized that “nothing is confirmed right now.”
“Something is being discussed, but it’s not solid,” the source added.
Markle is best known for playing Rachel Zane on the legal drama “Suits,” appearing for seven seasons from 2011 to 2018. She also appeared in films including “Remember Me” and “Horrible Bosses” before her engagement to Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, in 2017.


Markle’s potential return to acting has been building for months. In November 2025, she was linked to “Close Personal Friends,” a star-studded Amazon MGM Studios film featuring Brie Larson, Lily Collins, Jack Quaid and Henry Golding, with Markle reportedly set to play herself. The film, directed by Jason Orley, follows a “regular” couple who befriend a celebrity couple during a trip to Santa Barbara.
“This is a massive moment for Meghan and signifies a return to doing what she truly loves,” a studio source said at the time. “It’s Meghan’s way of gently putting her toe back in the water and seeing how she enjoys being back on set.”
The source also said Prince Harry had been fully supportive of her latest career move, adding that he just wanted her to “do whatever brings her joy.”


Markle’s acting comeback gained traction in April after former “Suits” co-star Eric Roberts revealed that she was plotting a return to the screen. A senior Los Angeles casting agent later said that Markle had been “bombarded” with offers from studios and production companies.
“Meghan has been the hottest talking point in Hollywood circles in the last couple of weeks,” the agent claimed. “The very suggestion that she is planning to come back to acting has prompted interest the likes [of which] I have never seen in my three decades in the business.”
In a 2022 Variety interview, Markle had previously said of acting: “I’m done. I guess never say never, but my intention is to absolutely not.”


News of Markle’s potential “Gentlemen” role comes as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex prepare for a major life change. Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the couple will return to the UK at the end of the month for an “extended period,” with their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, enrolled at a school in Britain.
“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source said, noting that King Charles III was informed Sunday of the couple’s impending return. Another insider told the outlet, “I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back.”
In the viral moment that preceded this development, Markle was spotted on the Pasadena, California set of “Close Personal Friends” in November 2025, marking her first time back on a film set since leaving “Suits.” An reports said she “seemed very relaxed and happy” and “introduced herself to everyone.” Another source told GB News that Markle joked she “felt a bit rusty” but had clearly rehearsed for the cameo. However, a separate report from Radar Online cited unnamed sources claiming her performance drew “unflattering comparisons” and was described as “rigid” and “wooden.”
The second season of “The Gentlemen” premieres on Netflix on Sept. 3.

