King Charles Releases Statement Following Arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

The King has released a statement regarding the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, previously known as Prince Andrew, who has been taken into custody on suspicion of misconduct while in public office.

Andrew has been associated with Jeffrey Epstein since 1999 and has been accused by Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre of being involved in sexual activities with her when she was 17 years old, in the early 2000s.

The former royal has consistently denied any misconduct.

Thames Valley Police announced on Thursday (February 19) that Andrew had been apprehended following the appearance of photos online showing police at his residence on the Sandringham Estate.

Following the arrest, King Charles, Andrew’s brother, issued a statement addressing the situation.

He stated: “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.

“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” King Charles continued.

“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter.

Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R.”

On Tuesday, Thames Valley Police released a statement mentioning the arrest of a man in his sixties ‘on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk’.

The statement further said: “The man remains in police custody at this time.

“We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.”

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright commented on the arrest, stating it followed ‘a thorough assessment’.

The constable remarked: “We have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.

“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.

“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

Prior to Andrew’s detention, Buckingham Palace communicated that the King had ‘profound concern’ over the allegations involving his brother.

A Palace spokesperson asserted: “While the specific claims are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police, we stand ready to support them as you would expect.

“As we previously stated, Their Majesties’ thoughts and sympathies have been and remain with the victims of any and all forms of abuse. “

Sir Keir Starmer, the UK’s prime minister, has recently called on Andrew to engage with authorities in both the UK and the US about Epstein.

In an interview with the BBC, he said ‘anybody who has any information should testify’, implying this includes Andrew.

For comments, LADbible Group has reached out to police forces in Essex, Metropolitan, Bedfordshire, Norfolk, Surrey, and Thames Valley, as well as Andrew’s representatives.