Meghan Markle’s past remarks about UK school privacy are resurfacing as reports claim she and Prince Harry plan to move their children back to Britain.
Markle, 45, voiced her concerns about paparazzi swarming her and her kids during school pickup and drop-off in a 2022 interview with The Cut. At the time, she took the article’s author, Allison P. Davis, with her to pick up her now 7-year-old son, Prince Archie, from preschool in Montecito, California. Davis described how the “Suits” alum was able to collect her son at the school’s gates with no press present and only a few fellow moms doing “double takes.”
“Sorry, I have a problem with that,” Markle said in the 2022 interview. “That doesn’t make me obsessed with privacy. That makes me a strong and good parent protecting my child.”


However, Harry, 41, recently praised UK schools while chatting with actress Joss Stone at the WellChild Awards in London. Recalling their conversation from last week, Stone told Hello!, “He was saying how wonderful the schools are here and how important community is for children.”
Stone reflected on telling the Duke of Sussex about her own move back to the UK from Tennessee last year, adding, “It was nice to share that with him because it’s exactly why we felt drawn to come back – for the kids to grow up surrounded by family, friends, and a strong sense of belonging and most importantly in a safe environment.”
On Wednesday, Page Six confirmed that Markle and Harry would be moving back to the UK for “an extended period,” and their two kids, Archie and Princess Lilibet, 4, would attend school there.
“The palace was made aware of the move,” an reports said.
Our source explained that King Charles III learned about the move over the weekend and looks forward to spending quality time with the couple.
The insider noted that Markle and Harry’s roles as non-working members of the royal family would remain the same.
“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” our reports said.


According to the US Sun, the couple will reside in “a non-royal residence” and “continue with their business enterprises.”
The apparent reversal comes after years of Harry insisting his family could not safely return to Britain. In May, after losing an appeal for police protection, he said, “I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point.” He also addressed the strain between him and the royal family, admitting, “There have been so many disagreements between myself and some of my family,” while noting he has since “forgiven” them and “would love reconciliation.”
Last week, Harry spoke to The Guardian about how his recent meeting with his father, King Charles III, has changed his perspective. He said he’d like to bring Lili and Archie to England, and “this week has definitely brought that closer.”
In the viral moment that preceded this shift, the “Spare” author and Markle announced they were quitting their royal duties and relocating to California in January 2020. “After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” they said in a statement at the time. A year later, the actress and Harry discussed their experience with the royal family during a bombshell tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey. At the time, Markle emotionally claimed that she wasn’t protected and alleged that there were people “willing to lie to protect other members of the family.” “I just didn’t want to be alive anymore,” she said. Additionally, Markle alleged that members of the royal family were concerned with “how dark [Archie’s] skin might be when he was born.”
Harry has also spoken out about his family in his 2023 memoir, “Spare,” the name inspired by how his father allegedly called him a “spare” at the time of his birth because he was far down the line of succession to the throne.
The couple’s spokesperson had previously shut down reports about UK schooling. In September 2025, the rep told E! That Harry had “not put Archie’s name down for Eton” and had “no plans to send his son to Eton,” responding to a Daily Beast report claiming otherwise.
Harry is set to attend the Invictus Games in Birmingham next summer.

