Revealing poll uncovers public opinion on Trump’s management of the Epstein probe

A survey of US adults provides insight into the number of people who suspect Donald Trump of concealing Epstein-related crimes.

Earlier this year, the release of over three million documents tied to Jeffrey Epstein, a convicted pedophile, revealed Donald Trump’s name mentioned over a thousand times.

While being cited in Epstein’s documents doesn’t necessarily imply guilt, Trump’s association with Epstein has been under scrutiny, especially amidst accusations that his administration attempted to halt the file releases.

Hillary Clinton recently spoke about her husband Bill’s name appearing in the files, alleging the President and his administration tried to ‘cover up’ these files. In response, Trump asserted he ‘had nothing to do with Jeffrey Epstein’.

“I’ve been exonerated. I had nothing to do with Jeffrey Epstein. They went in hoping that they’d find it, and they found just the opposite,” Trump stated, according to the BBC.

So, what does the general public think? It’s not looking favorable for Trump.

The Economist and YouGov conducted a poll from February 13-16, 2026, surveying 1,682 US adults on various subjects, including their opinions on Trump.

Participants were asked if they ‘approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling investigations into Jeffrey Epstein’.

Only 24 percent approved of Trump’s handling, while 57 percent disapproved.

Regarding whether they believe Trump is ‘covering up Epstein crimes,’ 53 percent of respondents said ‘yes,’ while 29 percent said ‘no’ and 18 percent were ‘not sure’.

When asked if Trump is ‘involved in Epstein crimes’, 50 percent believed he is, with 30 percent disagreeing and 20 percent uncertain.

As for Trump’s perceived honesty?

Half of those surveyed believe he ‘often’ lies, with only seven percent claiming he ‘never’ does.

This comes after a video resurfaced of Trump dismissing public interest in the files as ‘boring’ during a press interaction last July.

The US Department of Justice previously issued a statement about the allegations against Trump, stating: “Some docs contain untrue and sensationalist claims against Trump that were submitted to the FBI right before the 2020 election.

“To be clear, the claims are unfounded and false, and if they had any credibility, they certainly would have been weaponized against Trump already.”

The White House also released a statement: “By releasing thousands of pages of documents, cooperating with the House Oversight Committee’s subpoena request, and President Trump calling for further investigations into Epstein’s Democrat friends, the Trump Administration has done more for the victims than Democrats ever have.”

The White House has been contacted for comment.