Of the fifty states in the US, there’s one in particular that stands out like a sore thumb. Not for its beauty, mind you, but for other reasons. None of them positive.
1. Consider this a PSA to everyone thinking about visiting Michigan: just don’t.
Grand Portal Point, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Lake Superior
2. Going there could not be a more colossally dumb idea.
3. It’s not the type of place you’d want to go to unwind.
Needle Rock, Mackinac Island
4. Nothing ever happens there, apparently.
“Balloon Glow”, Frankenmuth
5. Do the locals just take up knitting to entertain themselves? I wonder.
Diving in Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary, Lake Huron
6. They have just given up on trying to make the place attractive to visitors.
7. It’s a hopeless case anyway.
Little Carp River, Porcupine Mountain State Park
8. Even the tourist sights are simply underwhelming.
9. The state has nothing going for it, unfortunately.
Windmill Island, City of Holland
10. Michigan is like the ugly cousin that never got married.
Isle Royale, Lake Superior
11. It would be a challenge to find anything even remotely attractive in this place.
Eagle Harbor Lighthouse,Eagle Harbor
12. I mean, seriously.
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
13. “Plain” would be an understatement.
14. What is there to see apart from shrubbery?
Porcupine Mountains Waterfall
15. Do they know what year it is? Do they even live in the 21st century?
16. To tell you frankly, Michigan is just a waste of real estate.
Grand Sable Dunes, Pictured Rocks National Lake
17. Give it a pass. You won’t miss anything.
“Aurora Borealis” seen from Headlands Park, Mackinaw City