Victoria Anne Cranmer appeared in a New Jersey courtroom wearing pink handcuffs as prosecutors revealed she could receive a drastically reduced prison sentence through a plea deal.
Cranmer, 25, of Little Egg Harbor, stood before a judge in Toms River on Monday while fettered in her trademark pink restraints and glaring at reporters in the gallery, according to court observers. Assistant Ocean County Prosecutor Lynn Juan outlined a proposed agreement that would see the accused babysitter plead guilty to second-degree sexual assault in exchange for a three-year prison recommendation.
The current charges against Cranmer carry a combined maximum of 30 years behind bars. She faces second-degree sexual assault, second-degree manufacturing of child-sex-abuse material, third-degree endangering a child, and third-degree possession of child-sexual-abuse material. Juan told the court that under the proposed pact, Cranmer would also be required to register as a sex offender under Megan’s Law, submit to parole supervision for life, and abide by a no-contact order with the victim.
Cranmer’s defense attorney, Connor Kane, addressed the court regarding the state’s offer. Kane said he was aware of the proposal but had not yet had the opportunity to discuss it with his client. He added that he anticipates making a counter-offer.


The case has drawn intense local attention since Cranmer’s July 8 arrest. She is being held without bail at the Ocean County Jail. The investigation that led to her capture began on May 20, when the New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency referred the matter to Little Egg Harbor Police and the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit.
In the viral moment that sparked the probe, a woman identified in court documents as Ms. P discovered a disturbing 14-second video saved in Cranmer’s Snapchat Memories after asking for the return of an iPhone she had gifted the 25-year-old. Ms. P had purchased the phone for Cranmer’s birthday in April and paid for the cell service, according to the affidavit of probable cause. After a falling out, Cranmer was kicked out of the home where she had been staying for approximately three months, and Ms. P requested the device back.
While reviewing the phone, Ms. P found footage showing inappropriate contact between an adult woman and a young child. She saved the video and turned the device over to authorities. Police said Ms. P was able to identify Cranmer in the recording by distinctive tattoos on her leg depicting “boobs, a lightning bolt and a mushroom,” as well as by her voice and the bathroom where the video was filmed.


Following Ms. P’s report, authorities obtained search warrants for the cellphone and Cranmer’s Snapchat account. Investigators found multiple additional videos involving Cranmer and the child, according to court records. In one video, Cranmer was allegedly seen sitting on a toilet with her genitals exposed while a child touched her intimately. The affidavit states she laughed and spoke to the child during the incident. At least one of the videos had been posted to Snapchat, prosecutors say.
The alleged victim is a child under 13 years old. Another woman, identified as Ms. H, told investigators that Cranmer had previously babysat her young son, and she had noticed changes in the child’s behavior after he had been in Cranmer’s care, including an aversion to baths. Both children involved are believed to be around two years old. Much of the official court paperwork has been heavily redacted to protect their identities.


Cranmer’s case has highlighted ongoing concerns about child safety on social media platforms. The alleged use of Snapchat to document and share abuse has drawn scrutiny to how such platforms handle exploitative content. Snapchat’s disappearing messages feature has been cited in multiple legal cases as potentially enabling predators to destroy evidence, though in this instance videos were reportedly saved to the app’s Memories storage.
Cranmer’s next court hearing is scheduled for July 14 in Toms River.

